Almost every climate scientist agree on that the accelerating climate changes we see today largely comes from human activities. Our consumption upset the natures balance and we can see climate changes with ever greater speed. if we don't decrease our pollutions of greenhouse gas, there is no longer question whether we are facing a catastrophe, but how big it will be, how fast it will get here and what place it will effect the most. These pictures are worth more than a thousand words and I really hope that we can help each other sharing this. More people have to realize what is about to happen.
1. View over the over-developed metropole Mexico City (with more than 20 million inhabitants).
2. A poacher has killed an elephant and left the body to rotten.
3. A power plant that is polluting the air.
4. Trails of excessive air traffic over London.
5. Threatened paradise. The popular tourist destination Maldives is threatened by rising sea levels.
6. The opening of Black Friday (USAs biggest shopping and sales day) in an electronics store in Boise, Idaho.
7. A massive waterfall out of melting pack ice. The masses of melted water are indisputable evidence of how fast the climate changes are moving forward.
8. Dump for worn out tires in the desert of Nevada, USA.
9. Indonesian surfer Dede Surinaya riding on a wave of dirt and trash at Java, Indonesia.
10. Tons of broken electronics end up in developing countries where it is cleaned off its precious metal.
11. Logged wood on a hill in Canada.
12. While the whole world kept their eyes on the catastrophe in Fukushima, a fire broke out some miles away. The attempts to extinguish the fire were in vain.
13. The last straw: An oil field in California shows mankind’s relentless over-exploitation of Earth.
14. A polar bear who died because of hunger in Svalbard, Norway. Decreasing ice caps make it difficult to hunt and is threatening the polar bears future.
15. Another overpopulated city that is battling pollutions. Bird’s eye view over New Dehli (with over 22 million inhabitants).
16. A living container: Dead albatross shows what happens when we throw trash in the nature.
17. A rainforest in flames – where goats used to graze.
18. Poachers pose proudly with the coat of a Siberian tiger.
19. A nighttime spectacle of downtown Los Angeles – the energy demand is mind-numbing.
20. The gigantic Mir mine in Russia. The hole is so big that helicopters can not fly over the mine without risk of being sucked down by airstreams.
21. A firestorm plows through Colorado. The greenhouse effect generates a drier climate and more forest fires.
22. A farmer fighting the stench from the Yellow River in Mongolia.
23. Areas around Almeria, Spain, are full of greenhouses. The production is very energy demanding.
24. A truck on its way with oil sand for extraction. To produce fuel from oil sand huge amounts of energy is required.
25. The scars left behind from the mining of oil sands in the Canadian province of Alberta.
26. Trash and garbage are incinerated in Bangladesh.
27. In Oregon, this thousand year old forest fell victim to the chainsaw where a new dam was built.
Just hit the like button below for more stories like this in your feed.