A four-year-old boy who shocked the world after he was pictured in the back of the car while a couple in the front were 'overdosed on heroin' has been given a new home.
East Liverpool Police Department, in Ohio, released the disturbing pictures in a post on Facebook to warn against 'the poison known as heroin'. Officers had been called to a report of an incapacitated driver on September 7, and when they arrived they were faced with the awful scene.
But thankfully, according to Sky News, the unnamed young boy has moved in with his great-aunt and great-uncle, who will now be taking care of him.
WARNING: The images below are of a graphic nature.
Police officers were called to a report of an incapacitated driver and, according to reports, found the boy in a car with a couple - who then passed out when they arrived.
In their Facebook post, East Liverpool Police Department said: "We feel it necessary to show the other side of this horrible drug.
"We feel we need to be a voice for the children caught up in this horrible mess.
"This child can't speak for himself but we are hopeful his story can convince another user to think twice about injecting this poison while having a child in their custody."
"We are well aware that some may be offended by these images and for that we are truly sorry, but it is time that the non-drug using public sees what we are now dealing with on a daily basis.
"The poison known as heroin has taken a strong grip on many communities not just ours, the difference is we are willing to fight this problem until it's gone and if that means we offend a few people along the way we are prepared to deal with that."
Please share this story so everybody can know that the tragic story will now hopefully bring about a happy future for the little boy.