When the sun is at its hottest on summer days, it's always amazing to cool off with some watermelon. But unfortunately, watermelon can be quite messy, especially with those crescent-shaped pieces that most of us have the habit of cutting out. So when I came across this trick, I felt immediately that it was something worth testing this summer. It is not only a smart approach when it comes to cutting watermelon into small, uniform pieces that are easy to eat - but it's also a perfect way to serve the delicious fruit when you have friends over for a visit and quickly and easily want to offer something refreshing - and nicely presented. Follow the easy steps below for this awesome way to present watermelon!
1. Start by placing your watermelon on a cutting board and cutting it in half.
2. Set the two halves upside down. If you do not want the shell, you can cut it off now.
3. Cut straight down through the whole watermelon.
4. Then simply rotate the watermelon and start cutting through in the opposite direction. You now have made small, uniform pieces that are easy to eat, and that won’t make a mess.
5. But you also want to serve it easily. Grab an appropriately sized bowl.
6. Put one hand over the bowl and your other beneath the cutting board, then flip everything over…
7. … And voila! You can now serve the perfect small watermelon sticks right out of the bowl :)
Check out this video for full instructions:
Easy to cut, easy to serve – I’m sure that this clever trick can be very helpful for many in the summer. Please share with your friends so they also have the chance to enjoy watermelon in the best way this summer!
Published by Newsner, please like.