What would the world be if everyone looked the same, talked the same, had similar interests, and liked everything that everyone else liked. Not very interesting, right?
In fact, it's our differences that make the world interesting, which is why I can never understand why some people tease and mock others just because they stand out from the crowd.
Globally, red hair is quite rare. Scientists estimate that a maximum of 2 percent of the world's population has red hair, which is perhaps why so many myths have surrounded redheads over the years.
Throughout history, people have portrayed redheads as vampires, witches, demons, and devils. And unfortunately, it seems that some of these absurd characterizations still persist today.
One person who is tired of this narrow-minded attitude toward redheads is photographer Brian Dowling. He wanted to help break down the stereotypes that people often have about redheads — and set off on a round-the-world trip to create his Redhead Beauty project.
Brian, who was born in the United States but lives and works in Berlin, Germany, photographed 130 red-haired women from 20 different countries.
The result is just as amazing as you can imagine — and Brian's Instagram page, which currently has more than 86,000 followers, is a thing of beauty. Here's a bunch of Brian's best photographs.
1) Bobbie from London, England
2) Giorgia from Bolzano, Italy
3) Madeline from Washington, USA
4) Willemijn from Breda, Netherlands
5) Betty from Belfast, Northern Ireland
6) Daria from St. Petersburg, Russia
7) Nabila from Damaskus, Syria
8) Sophie from Edinburgh, Scotland
9) Vanessa from Johannesburg, South Africa
10) Bianca from Paraná, Brazil
11) Alyssa from Los Angeles, USA
12) Gracie from Howth, Ireland
13) Maria from Moskva, Russia
14) Alina from Kiev, Ukraine
15) Carmen from Amsterdam, Netherlands
Aren't these amazing? Please share these photos with your family and friends if you think that red hair is beautiful!