Cabbage rolls have got to be one of my favorite dishes - but as anyone who's ever made them knows, they're rather time-consuming.
But at last - here is a way to get all of the delicious burst of flavor found in cabbage rolls - without the hours sometimes required for their preparation.
It consists of essentially including all the standard cabbage roll ingredients - but rather than roll them individually - you simply layer them!
Check out the recipe below to discover just how brilliant this recipe is!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp italian spices
2 lbs ground beef
30 ounces tomato sauce, divided
1 medium head cabbage, shredded
2 cups cooked rice
1 tsp salt
3 cups beef broth
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add the onion and fry it for about 3 minutes until soft.
4. Mix the tomato sauce, rice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir thoroughly.
5. Set about a third of your cabbage in your baking dish. Scoop one third of the meat mixture on top, then one third of the tomato sauce mix. Repeat steps, as with lasagna.
6. Finish by pouring the meat broth on top. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
7. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
8. Remove and serve! Don't forget to sprinkle mozzarella on top, too :)
Please share the recipe with everyone you know on Facebook, hopefully they'll invite you to try it out for dinner in the future!