We've all experienced it: your kitchen sink takes longer and longer to drain until the water won't go down at all.
Your first thought is probably to go to the nearest shop and throw some money at an expensive drain cleaner. But there's also an old trick you might not know about that's easier, cheaper, and doesn't involve harmful chemicals.
I'm speaking, of course, of the classic mix of baking powder, salt, and a little vinegar. It might not sound effective, and I'll admit I just shook my head when my grandmother first told me about it. But as soon as I tested it myself years later, I realized that she knew exactly what she was doing... because this trick really does wonders for drains!
You might have heard of this trick before, or maybe not, but either way, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people out there could benefit from it. So feel free to share this trick with all your friends!
What you need:
3 cups of baking soda
1.5 cups of salt
How to do it:
1. Mix together the baking soda and salt. Stir well.
2. Pour the mixture into the clogged drain. To make sure everything goes down, you can use a funnel.
3. Next, pour the warm vinegar down the drain.
4. Finish with the hot water.
5. There will be a chemical reaction, which will dissolve the blockage and let the water flow down the drain again. Brilliant!
Check out this video for visual instructions. It's in German, but you don't need to understand the language to see how this trick is done:
Smart, simple, and effective. Don't forget to share this trick so your friends can unclog their sinks without using harmful chemicals!