I love tacos. I love beef. I love bacon. Ever wished you could somehow bring all three together? Well, apparently you can. Now, I do not recommend having this every day, every other day - or even every week. But if you're celebrating something special or just really craving something out of the ordinary, this is a seriously awesome idea. It's very simple to make - within 30 minutes the whole thing should be ready to go. Have a look below.
This recipe is fit for a big feast (about 8 people). You may of course adjust the according to the number of people that will be partaking in the feast.
Here’s what you need:
• 700 grams bacon
• 1 bag shredded mozzarella
• 1 kg minced meat
• Taco spice mix
• 3/4 cup ketchup
• 2 tbsp grill spice mix
• 1/4 cup Jägermeister
• 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Start by filling the pan with the bacon slices.
2. Add taco seasoning. Adjust the amount to taste.
3. Cover with minced meat.
4. And of course, the grated mozzarella.
5. Add more minced meat on top of the cheese.
6. Fold the bacon slices over everything.
7. Add more taco seasoning.
8. Done! Bake the pie in the oven at 400 F for 30 minutes.
9. Add the ketchup to a saucepan.
10. Next? The Jägermeister!
11. Then, the Worcestershire sauce.
12. Stir and bring to a boil.
13. Voila! Serve and enjoy. Looks incredible doesn’t it?
Watch the video below for the step-by-step on how to make this taco bacon pie.
I am totally going to make this at my next dinner party! Please share if you also thought this was crazy cool.
Love food? Please like.