I feel horrible when I think of the number of animals that are abused around the world. So when I see animals rescued from sad lives of abuse, mistreatment or even potential death, I feel overjoyed. Here are 26 such cases -- all dogs that had been abused or mistreated before their lives took some serious turns for the better once they were adopted by kind loving 'parents'. As you'll see, all regained their lust for life and joy. This made my day!
1. “Charlie wasn’t eating. Now he’s in great hands, and most importantly, he smiles.”
2. “Every day is a new day for her. When she wakes up in the morning, she runs around and jumps for joy because she realizes she’s still in the house. She’s changed my life.”
3. Pepper, before and after his adoption.
4. “I found him on the street, unkept and scared. Now he’s my best friend.”
5. Little Tyson before and after he was adopted.
6. “Two months after we adopted her, she can’t stop smiling.”
7. Griffin had only a few days left to live– the animal shelter had scheduled to put him to sleep within two months. Luckily he instead acquired a new home!
8. When Dexter was adopted, he was skinny and didn’t want to play. Now he weighs three times as much and enjoys being out on adventures with dad.
9.Before and after. Enough said.
10. Liza T. Bear was rescued and feels alive again.
11. Behind all the fear was a happy and loving dog.
12. Before and after adoption– what a huge change!
13. Two very different homes.
14. “We found him near our office, huddled, terrified, and cold. Today he is a healthy, happy dog.”
15. Baxter – from the cage to the beach.
16. “My dog Marshmallow, before and after I adopted him.”
17. Before and after his adoption.
18. “My sweet Piper, the day we adopted her from PAWS Chicago, and then a few months later.”
19. “I found him abandoned by the side of a road. He was yelling after all the cars that passed by. When I look at him today, I can’t believe he used to be a sad dog.”
20. Here is Coconut. Amazing the difference that three months can make!
21. It’s crazy what a few months and lots of love can do for an abandoned puppy.
22. “My girl, before and after.”
23. And here’s Sunshine, before and after.
24.”My adopted chihuahua-mix. The first picture is at the animal shelter and the second, a few months later, at home with us.”
25. “Three months, before and after. It doesn’t even look like the same dog.””
26. “He loves us!”
Newsner stands for protecting and defending animal rights. Please always consider adopting a pet from your community animal shelter first — not buying. And always extend kindness to any animal you find abandoned in the street.