Two years ago, something happened that turned out to be a real disaster. Kilee Brookbank was at home in Ohio when a gas explosion shook the entire neighborhood.
Kilee just wanted to light a candle, but the moment she lit a match, her family’s house turned into a burning inferno.
An undetected gas leak created an explosion that ripped through large parts of the house. Miraculously, Kilee survived, but her burns were extensive.
While the house was in flames, Kilee lay unconscious. She had no idea what happened, but luckily, the family dog was able to wake her and save her life.
Kilee spent about 40 days in the hospital. For a while, she hovered between life and death, but thankfully, she pulled through. Still, she required several surgeries and skin grafts.
The road back to normal life was long and difficult. But she never stopped fighting and was eventually able to put the trauma behind her.
At first, she was embarrassed to show their scars. But after a while, she realized that the scars weren’t something to be ashamed of. Her scars were rather a symbol of strength, courage, and survival.
And facing perhaps the greatest night of her life, prom, Kilee chose to wear a sparkly, sleeveless dress. Isn’t she beautiful?
Kilee’s boyfriend, Dylan, supported her through thick and thin, so of course he wanted to escort her to the prom. Kilee went with her head held high, and her schoolmates even voted her prom queen!
“She’s definitely the most beautiful girl here. She’s one of the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen,” Dylan said.
Share if you admire Kilee’s courage and strength! No one should be ashamed of their scars.
Published by Newsner, please like