The Japanese may be famous for their sushi and ramen, but they also probably make some of the tastiest pancakes in the world.
And best of all, making Japanese-style pancakes is as easy as pie, or should I say, pancakes...
Want to impress someone special with a luxurious breakfast? Then you'll probably want to have this recipe ready, because you're sure to win their hearts with these!
I'm always on the lookout for good breakfast dishes to make. And in my search, I've tried a lot of pancake recipes. And one thing that I've learned is that it's rare to find a good one.
Most recipes turn out too thick and dry, too watery, too crumbly, or just too bland. But as soon as I tried this recipe for Japanese pancakes, I knew I had a winner. They're so good that now, even the best American-style pancakes with blueberries or chocolate have become a thing of the past.
These pancakes are crunchy on the outside, fluffy and soft in the middle, and mouthwatering to look at.
The only special tool that you need to make this recipe is something you probably already have in your kitchen—a cookie cutter.
The host of this video uses round cookie cutters, but feel free to try different shapes for different occasions. Want to impress a date? Use a heart-shaped mold. Celebrating someone's birthday? A star-shaped cookie cutter would work great.
1 1/2 cups of milk
1/2 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 pinch of salt
3 cups of flour
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of baking soda
Butter or oil for frying
1. Pour the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt into a blender and mix at a the lowest speed for a few seconds.
2. Pour the dry ingredients into the blender and mix for 10-20 seconds until the batter is smooth.
4. Grease the inside of the cookie cutters and pour the oil onto a non-stick pan. Turn the heat up to medium.
5. Place the cookie cutters on the pan and fill them halfway up with pancake batter. Fry for about four minutes before carefully flipping them and frying them for an additional three minutes on the other side.
6. Serve with jam, maple syrup, or Nutella!
Please share this scrumptious recipe if you know everyone you know who understands the importance of breakfast!