<div class="fb-like" data-href="https://facebook.com/newsnercom" data-width="320" data-layout="standard" data-action="like" data-size="large" data-show-faces="true" data-share="false"></div>
Warning: These ordinary foods you have at home may be fatal to your dog

Warning: These ordinary foods you have at home may be fatal to your dog

Some regular food you have at home should never be fed to your dog. Read the below to find out which and to never put your dog in harm's way. 

There is plenty out there about what dogs should and should not eat. It's hard to keep track of everything.

It has long been known, for example, that dogs shouldn't eat chocolate or onion. But recently, someone told me that dogs can't eat raisins or grapes as these ingredients can even be fatal.

© Provided by Nyheter365

I looked into this fact and discovered there is truth in it, and therefore wanted to share this information further to warn other dog owners. Therefore, please read and do the same - share with all the dog lovers you know!

As it turns out, it doesn't matter whether they are red or green grapes, are seeded or seedless, or if they're dried (raisins). Dogs should never consume grapes or any of their by-products, such as jam and juice.

© Provided by Nyheter365

Grapes and raisins can cause acute kidney failure for your dog. Even an extremely small amount can cause poisoning.

The dog's age, breed and size do not matter - all dogs can suffer from consuming grapes.

Be especially vigilant with sweets such as cakes, and other baked goods that may contain raisins.

Exactly what causes the poisoning is not yet known. What we do know is that some dogs have suffered from acute posoning after eating just four grapes, as well as the fact that just 2.4 grams of raisin per kilogram of body weight can cause major damage to a dog.

How can I tell if my dog is affected?

Common symptoms include fatigue, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain. Your dog's appetite may subside. Typically, these symptoms occur a few hours after the dog has eaten the raisins or grapes.

© Provided by Nyheter365

A dog with acute renal failure caused by grapes or raisins requires immediate treatment, but in spite of treatment, mortality rates are high.

So if you have seen or suspect your dog may have eaten grapes or raisins, do contact a vet immediately.

Please spread this warning so that more people become aware of how toxic common raisins and grapes can be for dogs!

Published by Animal Bible, please like

<div id="taboola-below-article-thumbnails"></div> <script type="text/javascript"> window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({ mode: 'thumbnails-a', container: 'taboola-below-article-thumbnails', placement: 'Below Article Thumbnails', target_type: 'mix' }); </script>
<div id="taboola-below-article-thumbnails"></div> <script type="text/javascript"> window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({ mode: 'thumbnails-a', container: 'taboola-below-article-thumbnails', placement: 'Below Article Thumbnails', target_type: 'mix' }); </script>
<div class="pubexchange_module" id="pubexchange_below_content" data-pubexchange-module-id="2474"></div> <script>(function(w, d, s, id) { w.PUBX=w.PUBX || {pub: "newsnercom", discover: false, lazy: true}; var js, pjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.async = true; js.src = "//main.pubexchange.com/loader.min.js"; pjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, pjs); }(window, document, "script", "pubexchange-jssdk"));</script>
<div class="pubexchange_module" id="pubexchange_below_content" data-pubexchange-module-id="2474"></div> <script>(function(w, d, s, id) { w.PUBX=w.PUBX || {pub: "newsnercom", discover: false, lazy: true}; var js, pjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.async = true; js.src = "//main.pubexchange.com/loader.min.js"; pjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, pjs); }(window, document, "script", "pubexchange-jssdk"));</script>