Let’s take a trip down memory lane and pay tribute to one of the greatest doctors of television – none other than Marcus Welby M.D. The unconventional yet serious doctor who was everyone’s buddy was held fondly in many Americans’ hearts.
I remember being so excited every Tuesday night turning on ABC with my ma and pa – oh boy those sure were the days.
Now perhaps some of you don’t know who in the world I’m talking about, but for those of you who do – here are 7 reasons why Marcus Welby, M.D. was the best show between 1969 and 1976.
1. He was on a first name basis with most of his patients.
2. He never hesitated to make house calls.
3. The show brought together thousands of Americans every Tuesday at 10:00pm.
4. He made Americans aware of a number of unknown diseases and medical conditions
5. The respected fictional doctor also broke certain taboos about several diseases.
6. His tumultuous relationship with younger colleague Steve Kiley, M.D, played by James Brolin, was highly entertaining because of their different medical approaches.
7. Dr. Welby and Dr. Kileys’ friendship with the show’s nurse secretary Consuelo Lopez, played by Elena Verdugo, was the cutest thing on earth!
For all of you who remember what we’re talking about – why not take this trip down memory lane:
Dr. Welby truly was everything we wished for in a doctor. What a great show – if you remember it with fondness, please share this with your loved ones!
Published by Newsner, please like.