One’s own child becoming seriously ill is every parent’s worst nightmare. And luckily, Karen McGregor knew what to do when she saw a mysterious rash on her son’s body a few months ago. And it was all thanks to a post on Facebook…
Just a few days before it happened, Karen had seen a picture on Facebook that included a warning about Lyme disease. So when she saw the same circular rash on her 2-year-old son, she knew she had to act immediately.
Lyme disease is spread by ticks, but Karen had never seen one on her son. Despite this, she played it safe and took him to a doctor.
It turned out that it was a Lyme disease, and her son was able to get help quickly. He was given antibiotics and was soon feeling much better. Karen then posted a warning to other parents about the disease.
“I encourage everyone to watch for these spots!!” writes Karen. “They look just a bullseye, and had it not been for the post I read, I never would have known it was something more than a simple rash caused by being the long grass!”
Her post has been shared by hundreds of thousands of people. Even doctors have shared pictures of her son’s rash.
Lyme disease can be dangerous if left untreated and can cause, among other things, fatigue, meningitis, and in the worst cases, paralysis.
Summer is almost here, and ticks will be right there with it. Keep track of your children, and inspect them thoroughly after they’ve been outdoors.
The first sign of Lyme disease is usually a rash in the place that was was bitten by a tick. The rash usually lasts for one to four weeks after the bite and is larger than five centimeters. Sometimes it also causes the skin to feel numb and itchy.
Other common symptoms include fatigue, headaches, and joint and muscle pain. As the disease spreads, symptoms can also include pain in the neck, arms, back, and legs; weight loss; and temporary facial paralysis.
Please share this warning with all the parents you know!
Published by Newsner, please like.