Everybody washes their sheets somewhat regularly, maybe not quite as often as we would like, but at least a couple of times a month is normal for most people.
But, when was the last time you washed your mattress?
Even if you have sheets and a mattress cover on your mattress, it gets dirtier than you think.
Sweat and dirt go right through your sheets and get into your mattress, without you even noticing.
But, it’s not easy to clean, and if you could clean it, it’s still not as clean as if the mattress had gone through the washing machine.
But if you follow these three simple steps, your mattress will be like new in no time. And best of all, you will be able to keep it longer without having to replace it.
• 2 cups baking soda
• 4-5 drops of essential oil (eg lavender oil)
• 1 large glass jar
• 1 mesh colander
• 1 vacuum cleaner
How to use:
1. Put the baking soda and the essential oil into the glass jar. Lavender oil is soothing and relaxing, which works well for sleep. But, it also works well with other oils. However, you may want to be careful about choosing oils that give you energy and could keep you awake.
2. Close the lid on the glass jar and shake vigorously. Shake the jar until the oil and baking soda are completely mixed.
3. Spread the mixture evenly on the mattress using the mesh colander.
4. Now for the hardest part — wait, patiently.
Let the baking soda sit on the mattress for about an hour. The baking soda draws dirt and liquid out of your mattress and soon, it will be like new.
5. Take out the vacuum cleaner and clean the baking soda mixture off the mattress. Use a smaller nozzle to make it easier.
It’s quick, easy, and now you have a clean mattress.
Of course, the method works just as well on sofa cushions or other fabrics that are difficult to wash.
Repeat the process every month or so, or as often as you can. Once a year is better than not at all!
Feel free to share this life hack with your friends on Facebook so they can enjoy sleeping on a clean mattress at night!
Published by Newsner. Please like.