Neck pain can really affect your quality of life.
It makes almost any activity impossible, and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.
It has many causes, but the symptoms often feel the same. The pain sometimes radiates out to the shoulder blades or down to the chest, arms, and hands, and possibly up to the back of the head.
Seeking professional help is obviously a good idea, but you can find relief with some simple tricks you can try at home.
Neck pain can be caused by a variety of things, including the following:
- Bad posture
- A bad pillow or soft mattress
- Muscle spasms caused by sudden movements
Fortunately, there are many ways to reduce neck pain, including massage, hot baths, and various medications.
But one thing you probably don’t associate with neck pain relief is a towel. Yet, as you’ll see, a simple towel can be a powerful tool in relieving a stiff neck. These three physical therapy exercises all come from Japan. And not only do they ease and eliminate neck pain, they also prevent the problem from returning in the future.
- Roll up a towel and place it on the back of your neck, holding the ends of the towel with your hands. Slowly look up and roll your head back as far as you comfortably can, while resting your head on the towel.
- You can put a little pressure on the towel to support your neck while you’re tilting your head back. Once you’ve rolled your head as far back as you can, return to the starting position. Repeat 10 times.
This is just one of a variety of exercises involving towels that are commonly used in physical therapy. You can also try rubbing a towel with rosemary and marjoram oil of your neck, a method that many people swear by.
And finally, there’s this trick that many people (including myself) use.
- Lie down and place a towel under your shoulder on the side that is affected.
- Stay in the position shown in the video below for 10 seconds, while inhaling through the nose and exhaling through the mouth.
- Repeat on the other side if needed.
Watch this video to see how it’s done:
We all know someone who has neck problems. Why not share this video with them today?
Hopefully, it will help a lot of people. Nobody deserves to live their life in pain!
Published by Newsner, please like