13-year-old left beaten and bruised and bruised by bully during PE class

13-year-old left says she was left beaten and bruised by bullies during PE class

A 13-year-old was left bloodied and bruised after she was attacked by another girl during a PE lesson at her school.

Her family are fuming after the school refused to call the police and said her attacker would get two days suspension after the incident last Thursday.

Meanwhile the victim seventh grader Charlee Funes has not been able to return to school at Gardner Grade School in Grundy County, in Illinois, because she’s so afraid.

“She took her chest on my back and pushed me down,” Charlee told 6 ABC News.

In a Facebook post shared more than 100,000 times over a 24-hour span, photos show 13-year-old Charlee Funes and her battered face after an attack at her school.

Posted by WGN TV on Tuesday, May 18, 2021

When the school was slow to act on the incident Charlee’s oldest brother posted pictures of her on social media.

The girl’s mother, who took her daughter to hospital after the incident, is calling for the girl to be expelled as she believes other girls have been victims of her bullying.

“I was told the girl would receive two days’ suspension. And no charges would be filed against the girl because it was her first offense,” Kim Funes told 6 ABC News.

“I taught my kids to do unto others as they want to be done unto them,” she added.

When 13-year-old Charlee Funes attended gym class last Thursday, she wasn’t expecting a trip to the hospital a short time later.

Posted by NBC Chicago on Tuesday, May 18, 2021

And in response to others calling for Charlee’s mom to confront the bully’s mom she added: “A lot of people say, why didn’t you go confront the lady? Why didn’t you go smack her? Why didn’t you go do this? But two wrongs don’t make a right. We have to do what’s right.”

Meanwhile Charlee, who is recovering at home told 6ABC News: “It makes me happy to know that I have family supporters.”

The school district superintendent sent a statement to families following the attack saying student safety was a priority.

“In response to the incident, the District immediately began an investigation. Throughout the investigation, the District worked collaboratively with law enforcement, and took immediate action in response to the student who committed the misconduct.

“While the District is unable to share the details of the investigation and the actions taken to respond to the misconduct due to student confidentiality and privacy laws, the District takes all incidents of misconduct seriously and our student’s safety is always our first priority.”

I don’t know where the PE teacher was when all this was happening. I can’t believe the injuries this child endured at school, I don’t blame her for not wanting to go back, especially since her alleged attacker is already back at school.

When a child isn’t safe in lessons at school then officials need to act quickly and enforce a stricter policy than two days suspension. But what do you think? Let us know in the comments section below and share this story.