I was like a walking earache magnet when I was little, and my parents still mention how often I had trouble with my ears.
They say that it was difficult for them, too, because no one wants to see their child in pain and suffering.
My mom tried everything back then, and among other things, she put a clove of garlic wrapped in cotton in my ear to try and suppress the pain.
Antibiotics and painkillers work well for most people, but not everyone can tolerate drugs and sometimes the symptoms are less severe than the drugs used to treat the pain. So with that in mind, here’s a trick you can try the next time you or your child gets an earache:
Anyone who’s ever had an earache knows how painful it can be.
And say what you will about home remedies, but I think this one is definitely worth a try since it has worked well for many people.
What you need:
* 1 pair of white socks
* 1 1/2 cups of sea salt
1. Fill a sock with the sea salt. The salt should be coarse enough so that it doesn’t leak through the sock.
2. Use a funnel to fill the sock so you don’t spill salt all over the floor.
3. Tie a double knot around the sock so it doesn’t come out.
4. Next, smooth out the sock so that it’s approximately the size of your palm.
5. Heat the sock over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, but don’t let it get too hot.
Alternatively, you can heat the sock in the microwave, but this can be a bit problematic as it’s difficult to heat the salt evenly in the microwave.
6. Check the temperature of the sock so you don’t burn yourself or your child.
If it’s too hot, wait a while before applying the sock to the ear and cheek. The pain should start to subside within a few minutes. Phew!
This smart home remedy is easy and usually works almost immediately.
Obviously, you should seek medical advice if you or your child’s symptoms and pain are severe. But sometimes it can pay to take a look in the pantry first!
Please share this trick so that none of your friends and loved ones have to suffer the next time they get an earache.
Published by Newsner, please like