How much do you vary the dishes you make at home? I heard recently on the radio that the average family alternates between 5-10 dishes. With such an incredible array of food on offer, this made me a bit sad. I’m a real food lover and to me food is something we can enjoy so much, so why not spice things up a bit?
Of course this requires time and energy, right? Well, not always! So step out of your routine and try something new. Like this super easy and delicious comfort casserole.
When I first saw this recipe, I wasn’t entirely sure how I felt about it, or how my kids would react. But it became a family favorite right away! While this recipe doesn’t contain vegetables, it is certainly something you can throw in.
• 2 1/2 lbs ground beef
• 1 lb tomato sauce
• 2 packets puff pastry dough
• 2 bags grated mozzarella
• 2 oz butter
• 3 garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon dried parsley
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 C).
2. Cook the meat on high heat in a frying pan until browned.
3. Add the tomato sauce and simmer.
4. Butter a casserole and cover the bottom with the puff pastry dough.
5. Mix the butter, garlic and parsley. Brush the butter dough with the butter mixture.
6. Cover the puff pastry dough with a bag of mozzarella, then spread the meat sauce evenly on top.
7. Cover the meat sauce with the second bag of grated cheese. Then add the second pack of puff pastry
8. Finish with more mozzarella cheese and pour over any remaining garlic butter.
8. Bake for about 30 minutes until the top has a nice golden-brown color.
9. Remove from the oven and serve with salad.
Tip 1: This is a great, easy recipe you can make with leftover tomato meat sauce you have on hand.
Tip 2: For a more nutritious version, chop some zucchini, carrot or cabbage into the meat sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
Tip 3: To make this a vegetarian dish simply trade the ground beef with a non-meat alternative.
Watch the video below to see the recipe in full.
Please share this recipe so that more people know about it. If you’re a fan of lasagna, you will definitely love this!