Ice cream is one of my absolute favorites, and I also love freshly baked bread, but I never in a million years would’ve thought of combining the two… until I found this recipe.
It guess it’s because I like to experiment in the kitchen, or maybe it’s the fact that this recipe is so easy, but I thought I’d give this ice cream bread a try.
And I know what you’re thinking—it’s a crazy idea.
Well, that’s what I thought, too, until I bit into this heavenly bread and was completely sold.
Less than an hour after finding this recipe, I was pulling it out of the oven and enjoying a magical afternoon snack.
What you need:
2 cups of ice cream (cookies and cream recommended)
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
2. Put the ice cream into a bowl and let it melt until it’s soft.
3. When the ice cream has melted enough to stir, mix in the baking powder and flour.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Transfer the batter to a bread pan and make sure that the bottom is covered.
6. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Let it cool and serve.
2. See this recipe in action here:
Know someone who might like to try this ice cream bread? Share the recipe with them!
Published by Newsner, please like