This wonderful cheesecake contains classic Scandinavian Christmas ingredients: gingerbread cookies, saffron, and mulled wine. The interesting combination of the three makes an delicious and no doubt unique cake to treat your guests to at your Christmas dinner.
The base, made of gingerbread cookies is topped with a creamy cheese batter and finally set under a sweet mulled wine glaze. Magical!
The result is a beautiful cheesecake that will have your family and friends wondering how you possibly came up with this! Just say “Sweden!”.
What you’ll need:
- 80 g butter
- 25 gingerbread cookies, about 120 g
- 300 g cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 gr saffron
- 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 1/4 cup mulled wine
- 2 1/2 tsp gelatin powder
1. Crush the gingerbread cookies.
2. Melt the butter and mix with the crushed cookies.
3. Press into a round 24cm cake pan.
Set in fridge for about 10 min.
4. Whisk together cream cheese, sugar, saffron and vanilla sugar until fluffy.
Whisk the whipped cream.
5. Pour the batter into the cake mold and let harden in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
6. Prepare your gelatine powder in cold water. Heat the mulled wine and stir in the gelatine until melted. Pour the mix over your cake.
7. Cool in fridge until the jelly topping is hardened, about 1 hour.
Share this receipe with your friends to share this most delicious Swedish holiday cake!
Published by Newsner, please like