For me, delicious breakfast in the morning helps the day along quite nicely. Of course, it’s not always easy to come up with new, delicious ideas of what to prepare. And time is also always a critical factor. Here’s something I came across that is not so time-consuming, and certainly looks amazing. Still, I would likely prepare this sweet breakfast on a cozy Saturday or Sunday morning. Basically it’s a twist on classic french toast – and what a delicious twist I might add! This particular recipe calls for bananas and strawberries, but I think basically any fruit would work just fine. In other words, feel free to experiment! I know I will.
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup strawberries
4 slices of bread
1. Crack the eggs in a bowl and add a little cinnamon and salt. Mix together.
2. Slice a banana. Then lay out the slices on two of your four slices of bread.
3. Sprinkle some more cinnamon on top along with some honey. Then cover with the remaining slices of bread, forming two ‘sandwiches’. Press together gently.
4. Dip both sides of the sandwich in the egg mixture. Then cook then in a frying pan for about 10 minutes or until the bread slices are golden brown.
5. In a separate skillet, heat the maple syrup and strawberries. Fry for 3 minutes.
6. Cut the sandwiches into triangles and place on a plate with fruit on the side. Top with syrup and strawberry sauce and sprinkle a little powdered sugar. Breakfast is served!
Take a look at the video instructions here:
Thought this looked delicious? Feel free to share the recipe with all your family and friends.