Juicy and refreshing, watermelons are perfect for a hot summer day.
And it’s not just their flavor that’s amazing—watermelons are also packed with vitamins and minerals.
The fruit contains large amounts of the powerful antioxidant lycopene, which gives the melon’s pulp its red color.
But wait until you see what watermelon seeds can do for you…
Read this and you’ll think twice before throwing out the seeds again!
Some watermelons sold in stores are seedless, which does save us the trouble of removing the seeds.
But the fact is that those seeds, many people think are annoying, are actually worth saving.
While watermelon seeds contain few calories, they’re packed with energy. In addition to containing loads of fiber and protein, the seeds make a tasty snack.
You can use these energy-rich seeds in salad, muesli, and smoothies. Or you can roast them and eat them on their own as a snack.
But one thing I highly recommend is making a good cup of tea with watermelon seeds and fresh fruit.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Start by boiling 2 liters of water.
2. Grind 20-30 watermelon seeds and boil for 15 minutes.
3. Then remove from heat and let the mixture steep for an hour. Strain and save the water.
4. Add 150 grams of watermelon and mix with the liquid in a blender.
5. Store the drink in the refrigerator, preferably in a sealed bottle, which will maintain the taste.
How to drink it:
1. Drink this delicious tea at room temperature two days in a row and then take a break on the third day.
2. Drink this tea in the morning on an empty stomach, or half an hour after breakfast.
3. Repeat the “treatment” for a couple of weeks, but make sure you take a break every third day, writes Natural Cure And Home Remedies.
What does it do to your body?
1. One of many minerals contained in watermelon seeds is magnesium, and there are 21 milligrams of it in 4 grams of the seeds. Magnesium affects over 300 enzyme systems, it benefits cells, muscles, nerves, and blood pressure, and it also helps protein and calcium metabolize optimally.
2. Watermelon seeds have long been used to detoxify the body, according to Step to Health. They are particularly helpful in treating kidney stones and regulating blood pressure.
3. Drinking tea with watermelon seeds can improve digestion, because the seeds contain a lot of folic acid, stimulates the production of stomach acid for digestion.
4. If you want to get pregnant, folic acid may be helpful. The vitamin is considered an important nutrient, especially for women who want to get or are pregnant.
Did you know that watermelon seeds are this useful?
Please share this article on Facebook with everyone you know, so that more people can discover the goodness of watermelon seeds!
Published by Newsner, please like