I’ve always liked discovering and exploring new places.
I get a buzz from jumping in a car early on a Saturday morning, armed only with a map and a packed lunch, finding a deserted place and simply enjoying the view.
Of course, it’s even better to explore places outside your own country’s borders.
Here’s a list of 15 places almost nobody knows about. Don’t let that put you off though – they’re places you should definitely aim to visit during your lifetime.
My personal favourite is number 9 … magical.
1. Islas Marietas, off the western Mexican coast
Playa escondida o playa del amor, en las Islas Marietas, Nayarit, México. ??
Posted by Mundo Curioso on Wednesday, 26 July 2017
2. Huacachina Oasis, Peru
The oasis of Huacachina in Peru.
Posted by Ancient Code on Thursday, 5 January 2017
3. Village of Blagaj, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Blagaj, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Posted by Awesome Nature on Sunday, 30 April 2017
4. Hilliersee, Western Australia
Lake Hillier, Western Australia.
Posted by The Earth on Saturday, 9 December 2017
5. Silfrasprickan, Iceland
Posted by Wonderful Places In The World on Wednesday, 2 November 2016
6. Isola Bella island, Lake Maggiore, Italy
Isola Bella on Lake Maggiore in Italy is looking like a set from Game of Thrones! ?
Posted by Flight Centre Travel Academy on Tuesday, 22 August 2017
7. Karl-Alfred Village, Malta (built in 1979 for the film Karl-Alfred. Today the colourful village is a theme park)
Popeye Village, MaltaThe Popeye village consists of small wooden houses that were originally built for shooting the…
Posted by Radio Gaza FM 100.9 on Friday, 14 April 2017
8. Poço da Alagoinha, the Portuguese island of Flores
Poço da Alagoinha – Flores Island (Azores). Azores has probably the best nature sceneries in the #world.If you are…
Posted by Portugal Experience on Thursday, 16 October 2014
9. Luoxiagou, Dongchuan, China
Posted by China Art & Architecture on Saturday, 13 December 2014
10. Caves of Saint Marcel d’Ardèche, France
The Cave of Saint Marcel d’Ardeche, FranceThis place was found in 1836 by a French hunter. The Grotto de…
Posted by Stunning Secret Places Most Tourists Don’t Know About on Sunday, 3 September 2017
11. Green lake Tragöß-Sankt Katharein, Austria
Green Lake In Austria
Posted by Awesome Nature on Saturday, 28 January 2017
12. Pocan Smoo Cave, Scottish Highlands
Smoo cave along Scotland's Route 500 is a natural wonder. It’s unique in that it’s formed by two caves, one fresh-water…
Posted by STORYTRAVELERS on Thursday, 4 May 2017
13. Garajonay National Park, Canary Islands, La Gomera
8. Garajonay National Park on the island of La Gomera, Canary Islands.
Posted by Path Finder City on Monday, 25 April 2016
14. Lake General Carrera, southern Chile
Marble Caves at Lago Carrera, Chile
Posted by Places You'll See on Wednesday, 14 February 2018
15. Sørvágsvatn, a lake on the island of Vagar, Faroe Islands
Lake Sørvágsvatn (Faroe Islands) – by photographer Paul ZizkaPaul Zizka Photographyhttps://zizka.ca/
Posted by Worlds Away on Thursday, 22 June 2017
Well, that’s my next few trips sorted!
Hit the share button below to let more people know about these magical places in the world. Which one was your favourite?
Feel free to share your hidden tips on your favourite destinations, in the comments box!