I’ve always liked discovering and exploring new places.
I get a buzz from jumping in a car early on a Saturday morning, armed only with a map and a packed lunch, finding a deserted place and simply enjoying the view.
Of course, it’s even better to explore places outside your own country’s borders.
Here’s a list of 15 places almost nobody knows about. Don’t let that put you off though – they’re places you should definitely aim to visit during your lifetime.
My personal favourite is number 9 … magical.
1. Islas Marietas, off the western Mexican coast
Playa escondida o playa del amor, en las Islas Marietas, Nayarit, México. 😍💚
2. Huacachina Oasis, Peru
3. Village of Blagaj, Bosnia and Herzegovina
4. Hilliersee, Western Australia
5. Silfrasprickan, Iceland
6. Isola Bella island, Lake Maggiore, Italy
Isola Bella on Lake Maggiore in Italy is looking like a set from Game of Thrones! 😲
7. Karl-Alfred Village, Malta (built in 1979 for the film Karl-Alfred. Today the colourful village is a theme park)
Popeye Village, MaltaThe Popeye village consists of small wooden houses that were originally built for shooting the…
8. Poço da Alagoinha, the Portuguese island of Flores
Poço da Alagoinha – Flores Island (Azores). Azores has probably the best nature sceneries in the #world.If you are…
9. Luoxiagou, Dongchuan, China
10. Caves of Saint Marcel d’Ardèche, France
The Cave of Saint Marcel d’Ardeche, FranceThis place was found in 1836 by a French hunter. The Grotto de…
11. Green lake Tragöß-Sankt Katharein, Austria
12. Pocan Smoo Cave, Scottish Highlands
Smoo cave along Scotland's Route 500 is a natural wonder. It’s unique in that it’s formed by two caves, one fresh-water…
13. Garajonay National Park, Canary Islands, La Gomera
8. Garajonay National Park on the island of La Gomera, Canary Islands.
14. Lake General Carrera, southern Chile
15. Sørvágsvatn, a lake on the island of Vagar, Faroe Islands
Lake Sørvágsvatn (Faroe Islands) – by photographer Paul ZizkaPaul Zizka Photographyhttps://zizka.ca/
Well, that’s my next few trips sorted!
Hit the share button below to let more people know about these magical places in the world. Which one was your favourite?
Feel free to share your hidden tips on your favourite destinations, in the comments box!