Have you ever found yourself in the middle of nowhere and your car battery somehow ran out of juice? Your insurance doesn’t cover dead batteries, you don’t have jumper cables, and your only option seems to be to start trudging toward civilization.
Well this might sound crazy—but with this trick, you have a new last resort that will get you back on the road the next time your car battery dies.
All you need to jump-start a dead battery is a jack and some rope—that is, as long as your car has an open differential, a manual transmission, and some gas in the tank.
I should also point out that this trick can be dangerous if you’re not careful, so it’s important to know what you’re doing.
1. Start by jacking up one side of your car. Double check to make sure that the jack is standing firmly!
2. Wrap a rope several times around the elevated front tire. Make sure that their is some leftover rope so you have something to pull with.
3. Put the car in third gear, turn on the ignition, and make sure the handbrake is securely tightened.
4. Grab the rope and pull it toward you.
5. When the wheel starts spinning, you should be able to start the engine!
Watch how it’s done here:
As a last resort, this clever trick is something to keep in mind—but be aware that it can be dangerous if you aren’t careful! Please share this with your friends so they can also have a backup in case they get into trouble.
Published by Newsner, please like