Flowers are the reproductive organs of plants, and exist for one main purpose – to attract pollinators such as insects or birds.
But plants can be amazingly deceptive – some are able to mimic the smell of insects to attract them.
Flowers, can also, clearly, appear in a myriad of different and incredibly impressive shapes, colors and size – and at times, the combination of these look strangely similar to other things.
Just check out the 17 amazing flowers below which look incredibly similar to other things – from monkeys, to birds, to well… women’s private parts!
1. Monkey Face Orchid (Dracula Simia)
Pretty awesome, isn’t it?
2. Moth Orchid (Phalaenopsis)
3. Naked Man Orchid (Orchis Italica)
Cute little men 🙂
4. Hooker’s Lips (Psychotria Elata)
5. Dancing Girls (Impatiens Bequaertii)
6. Laughing Bumble Bee Orchid (Ophrys bomybliflora)
7. Swaddled Babies (Anguloa Uniflora)
8. Parrot Flower (Impatiens Psittacina)
9. Snap Dragon Seed Pod (Antirrhinum)
10. Flying Duck Orchid (Caleana Major)
11. Happy Alien (Calceolaria Uniflora)
12. Orchid That Looks Like A Ballerina
13. White Egret Orchid (Habenaria Radiata)
14. Dove Orchid Or Holy Ghost Orchid (Peristeria Elata)
15. Darth Vader (Aristolochia Salvadorensis)
Quite similar, right?
17. And this final one: what you’re looking at is actually just a close-up of wheat
Isn’t nature just incredibly fascinating?
Please share these stunning flowers with your Facebook friends, so that more people can discover these uncanny similarities!
Published by Newsner, please like