When a baby is born, everyone’s eager to see the precious newborn. Friends and relatives are curious, and that includes the family dog, of course! Dogs understand more than we think. They probably notice that mom’s belly is growing, so they’re as excited as anyone to greet the newest member of the family when he or she comes home from the hospital. When it’s finally time for doggie to meet baby, it’s important to do it carefully. And it goes without saying, you should never leave a young child alone with a dog. Below are 17 wonderful photos of encounters between newborn babies and their dog buddies. Enjoy!
1. “My newborn daughter came home today and her two brothers were thrilled to finally meet her.”
2. “But Mom, do you love her more than me?”
3. Rocco the dog and baby Colt sleeping securely.
4. I think this doggie is proud of its new siblings!
5. Nelly guards her little brother.
6. “I was afraid my dog wouldn’t like my newborn baby… Then, this happened.”
7. The dog Molly has only one eye, but she still watches over her new friend carefully.
8. The old dog watches over the little baby. It’s love!
9. Petey meets Zach. Things are going well! 🙂
10. Roxy welcomes her little sister home.
11. Is there anything cozier than sleeping next to a baby?
12. “My friend’s newborn daughter and dog are absolutely gorgeous together!”
13. What a cute pair!
14. “My little puppy cuddles with what she believes is her little puppy.”
15. Best friends!
16. Meeting the new baby for the first time.
17. “My best friend likes our new addition in the family.”
What wonderful pictures! Share them if you enjoyed them as much as I did!
At Newsner, we love animals and believe in treating them with utmost respect. Please like if you do, too.