Every parent’s worst fear is that their child be afflicted with an illness. Unfortunately, that nightmare recently came true for dad Scott Walker and his wife in Kansas, USA. Their little girl Molly, who was born seven weeks premature, suddenly had a boiling hot fever. When the parents removed little Molly’s socks, they discovered something they are now hoping to spread to parents all over the world.
Here’s what her father wrote in his Facebook post:
“Had a small scare this afternoon with Ms. Molly. What happened was new to me, but apparently not totally uncommon, so I figured I’d share with my fellow parents out there.”
“I was with the family over lunch and Molly was cranky and screaming–nothing out of the ordinary. As worked up as she was getting, she started to overheat, which prompted Jess to remove her socks and cool her down. That’s when we saw her toe. This is called a hair tourniquet, which is literally a strand of hair that, while inside a sock, unexplainably wraps around a toe so tight that it can cut through the skin and potentially cut off blood circulation.”
“Luckily for Molly, she has a mother with medical emergency superpowers who was able to remove the hair with tweezers and a magnifying glass within a few minutes. This picture was taken about 45 minutes after the hair was removed. Unfortunately, the hair managed to cut all the way through Molly’s skin, completely around her toe, but it could have been worse had it gone much longer untreated, or if the hair wasn’t accessible.”
“The doctor told me, for future reference, to always check the toes if the baby is inconsolable. Just an FYI to any parents or care takers out there.”
Please click the share button to help spread this important information with all the parents you know.
Published by Newsner, please like.