Close friend breaks silence on Kate Middleton's recovery after abdominal surgery

Close friend breaks silence on Kate Middleton’s recovery after abdominal surgery

Kate Middleton has left Windsor for the first time since the abdominal surgery that will keep her sidelined from royal duties until after Easter.

Things look positive regarding the Princess of Wales’ recovery, with one close friend now claiming that the 42-year-old is “on the mend”. Kate was admitted to the London Clinic for an undisclosed operation last month, thereafter spending the better part of two weeks in hospital.

Rumors and speculation quickly followed suit, but the future Queen of England was eventually able to return to her family home in Windsor, where she has been recuperating away from prying eyes ever since.

New information on Kate’s condition has now come to light, with a close friend stating that she will be spending the half-term holiday with her family at the royal estate of Sandringham.

Speaking to the Daily Mail, an unnamed friend said: “Catherine is recovering well.”

“She was looking forward to a change of scene and will be able to take it easy in Norfolk while the children let off steam with William.”

BLETCHLEY, UNITED KINGDOM – MAY 14: (EMBARGOED FOR PUBLICATION IN UK NEWSPAPERS UNTIL 24 HOURS AFTER CREATE DATE AND TIME) Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge visits the ‘D-Day: Interception, Intelligence, Invasion’ exhibition at Bletchley Park on May 14, 2019 in Bletchley, England. The D-Day exhibition marks the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings. (Photo by Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)

Much and more has been said about Kate’s health since the sudden announcement that she would be undergoing abdominal surgery. Concrete details as to her condition have come few and far between, while the royals themselves have remained characteristically tight-lipped.

Indeed, what little we do know is that Kate’s procedure was serious enough to see her remain in hospital for 13 days afterwards. During this time Prince William was by her side as often as possible, though the couple’s three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis did not see their mother in person.

Spanish sources stoked the flames of concern when it was suggested that Kate had been placed in a coma due to complications linked to her post-operative recovery. Kensington Palace furiously rubbished those claims, though it’s still unclear exactly what Kate was suffering from that required surgical intervention.

WINDSOR, ENGLAND – SEPTEMBER 22: Prince William, Prince of Wales (not pictured) and Catherine, Princess of Wales visit the Windsor Guildhall to thank volunteers and operational staff involved in her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral on September 22, 2022 in Windsor, United Kingdom. (Photo by Ian Vogler-WPA Pool/Getty Images)

In any case, word that the Princess of Wales is now fit enough to travel between Windsor and Sandringham will come as a welcome relief to royal fans who have followed Kate’s recovery journey as closely as possible.

Not only that, but the Daily Mail claim that King Charles is also at Sandringham after undergoing his first cancer treatment earlier this week.

The monarch was hospitalized around the same time as his daughter-in-law for treatment on an enlarged prostate. A later announcement from the Palace, however, confirmed that doctors discovered a form of cancer. They did not disclose what cancer Charles has – nor what stage he’s in – but did rule out prostate cancer.

Here’s to wishing Kate Middleton and King Charles all the very best moving forward.

If you like reading about the Royal Family, check out the article below for more information:

READ MORE

Thank you for subscribing!
Something went wrong. Please try again later.

Sign up for our newsletter