Kate Middleton returns home from hospital two weeks after surgery

Kate Middleton returns home from hospital two weeks after surgery

Kate Middleton has left hospital to continue her recovery at home after undergoing an abdominal procedure almost two weeks ago.

The suddenness of Kensington Palace’s announcement on January 17 took many by surprise. Though they insisted that Kate’s surgery had been planned, the lack of transparency beyond that left folk the world over wondering just what it was that would force the princess to be hospitalized for a fortnight.

Now, having spent 13 nights at the London Clinic following her surgery, Kate has returned to her her family home in Windsor and is “making good progress”.

In a new statement published online, Kensington Palace said Kate and her husband, Prince William wanted to send a “huge thank you” to the medical team at the hospital where she was treated.

“The Princess of Wales has returned home to Windsor to continue her recovery from surgery. She is making good progress,” the Palace’s statement read earlier this morning.

“The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided.

BLETCHLEY, UNITED KINGDOM – MAY 14: (EMBARGOED FOR PUBLICATION IN UK NEWSPAPERS UNTIL 24 HOURS AFTER CREATE DATE AND TIME) Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge visits the ‘D-Day: Interception, Intelligence, Invasion’ exhibition at Bletchley Park on May 14, 2019 in Bletchley, England. The D-Day exhibition marks the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings. (Photo by Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)

Last week it was reported that Prince William had been by Kate’s bedside every day as she endured the initial phase of her recovery. The couple’s children though, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis, had reportedly not been to the hospital to see their mother.

Much and more has been written about the potential cause of Kate’s hospitalization, with the speculation not at all helped by the fact that no one of any authority has revealed much.

People Magazine previously claimed that the Princess of Wales’s health issue was non-cancerous, though troubling reports from Spanish newspaper Marca suggested that Kate’s life may have been in danger.

SUTTON, UNITED KINGDOM – SEPTEMBER 12: (EMBARGOED FOR PUBLICATION IN UK NEWSPAPERS UNTIL 24 HOURS AFTER CREATE DATE AND TIME) Catherine, Princess of Wales visits HMP High Down on September 12, 2023 in Sutton, England. The Princess of Wales (in her role as Patron of The Forward Trust) is visiting the prison to learn about how the charity is supporting those in the criminal justice system to manage and recover from their addictions. (Photo by Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)

In any case, word that the princess was deemed well enough to leave hospital will be met with a collective sigh of relief from royal fans and well wishers alike. It has already been confirmed that Kate won’t be resuming royal engagements until after April, while Prince William is also taking a step back from his official duties to help take care of the children.

A source close to the royal household reportedly told People that it was “sensible” for Kate to take the time she needs to heal.

“That is a great example to the rest of us, as you’re often told to get back to work as soon as possible, which can be damaging. It is good for all of us to see her taking the time, recovering properly and then coming back. We can all learn from that.”

What fantastic news! I don’t know about you, but I’m relieved Kate seems to be recovering well.

If you like reading about the Royal Family check out the article below:

READ MORE

Thank you for subscribing!
Something went wrong. Please try again later.

Sign up for our newsletter