To be honest, I never used to use baking powder that often. But after doing a little research online, I can feel that things are about to change… I knew baking powder is good to have around for when you bake, but I had no idea about all of these other uses. This list has a lot of great tips to make life easier, but number nine (deodorant!) is brilliant and my personal favorite!
1. Itchy insect bites are so irritating, but they don’t have to be. Simply mix up a paste of baking soda and water and apply it on the affected skin. Let it rest for 10 minutes and then rinse with cold water. Ta-da! No more itching.
2. Tired feet after a long hike or shopping in town? Mix 3-4 teaspoons of baking soda per gallon of water and enjoy a truly relaxing foot bath.
3. But baking soda isn’t just about soothing your feet. It can also help with their odor. Sprinkle some baking soda in your shoes and you can avoid that stinky foot smell.
4. To help soften peas, beans, and lentils, mix in a little baking soda when you cook them. A teaspoon per liter of water is enough!
5. Sometimes the fridge doesn’t quite smell like as fresh as you had hoped. Place a dish of baking soda in the fridge to absorb bad odors.
6. Few things can beat a refreshing drink on a hot summer day. Stir together some sugar and lemon juice in cold water and mix in half a teaspoon of baking soda. The baking soda will transform the acid in lemons to carbonic acid. Baking soda is harmless in small amounts, but you consume more than a teaspoon at a time.
7. Here is the quickest cure for heartburn: Stir a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink. It also helps against bloated stomachs that you get from eating too much.
8. In the bath: Pour in between 50 and 100 grams of baking soda in bath water. It softens the water. Note: don’t do this more than twice a week.
9. This is just wonderful. But a little baking soda on a damp cotton ball, and you create an effective natural deodorant.
10. For those who suffer from bad breath, this is a super trick. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda in warm water and gargle!
11. Even our beloved pets can benefit from a little baking soda. By mixing a little baking soda in the their bedding and you avoid unpleasant smells. This is completely safe and also works in litter boxes.
12. In order to avoid the slightly musty smell in your thermos, mix a few teaspoons of baking soda with warm water, pour in it in, and rinse.
13. Along with a little vinegar, baking soda is extraordinarily good at clearing drains. Pour baking soda into your clogged drain, add some vinegar, and let stand it for a while. Then, pour boiling water over your drain.
14. To clean your silver, place your dirty items in hot water. Add little pieces of aluminum foil and a spoonful of baking soda. Rinse with cold water and dry with a cloth.
15. If you still doubts how good baking soda is, check this out: You can even brush your teeth with it. It neutralizes the corrosive acids in your mouth. Unbelievable!
16. Your flowers will thank you for this. Mix a little baking soda with water and pour over your plants. The result will make you amazed.
17. Is your meat too tough? Dab it with baking soda and leave for a few hours. Then, simply rinse and fry. You’ll be amazed at how much more tender it becomes.
18. Put a little baking soda in the your dishwasher’s detergent compartment and run it without dishes. Voila! You’ll no longer have odor problems!
19. With the help of a little baking soda, you can clean both the inside and outside of your oven. Mix baking soda with water, let it do its magic, and dry. The exact recipe can be found here.
I absolutely loved these tips. Please share so that more people can discover the full benefits of using baking soda around the house!
Published by Newsner, please like.