To have an irritating cough can both be really annoying and distressing, even if you don’t feel particularly ill.
Fortunately, sore throats can be soothed with popular brands of lozanges that help alleviate symptoms.
But while lozanges can be helpful, they are expensive on the long run and often have a host of substances in them I could never even pronounce.
So why not make your own?
It’s actually surprisingly pretty easy – certainly more natural, and just as efficient.
Keep them handy at home – or why not consider gifting them for family and friends? I know I’d be very pleased if someone handed me a bag of these!
* 2.25 cup sugar (or less)
* About 1 cup water
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Start by mixing the sugar, water and lemon juice in a saucepan.
2. Add the honey (which boasts anti-inflammatory properties) and ginger (which strengthens your immune system).
3. Grind the cloves (contains antioxidants) and mix into the pan.
4. Boil the mixture for 20 minutes on medium heat.
5. Using a spoon, carefully drop the mixture in small pieces onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
6. Sprinkle with a little icing sugar, so that the tablets don’t stick to each other.
7. Let cool for a while, and voila! Your homemade cough drops are ready!
See the full details in the video below:
Looks both tasty and helpful, right? And you can always cut down on the sugar if you feel that it’s too sweet!
Please share this recipe so that more of your friends can discover these little cough drops, too!
Published by Newsner, please like