Is there anyone who doesn’t like pancakes? I don’t think so. From toddlers to the elderly, everyone has a special love of pancakes, whether they’re served for breakfast, dessert, or in the form of savory crepes. I love fluffy pancakes, but I don’t often get to make them, because some of my friends think they’re too thick and “bread-y.” But that all changed when I found a new recipe recently. These pancakes as so light and fluffy that even my thin-pancake loving friends have been asking me how I do it. So I thought I’d write the recipe for them here, and let you in on the secret, too. Try it the next time you have friends over for brunch. Or serve these heavenly pancakes with berries and ice cream for dessert. Either way, you’re going to love them!
What you need:
• 5 yolks
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup flour
• 1 milliliter of baking powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 4 egg whites
How to make:
1. Whisk the egg yolks together with nearly 1/2 cup of sugar until even.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt into a sticky batter. Add the vanilla extract and mix again.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they’re white and foamy.
4. Stir in the remaining sugar and whisk until the egg whites have stiff peaks.
5. Stir the egg whites into the batter.
6. Melt a little butter in a frying pan. Add a large dollop of batter in the middle of the pan and cover.
7. Scoop a bit more batter onto the pancake and flip it over. Cover with the lid again and cook until golden brown on both sides.
8. Serve with toppings whatever toppings you like, such as honey, jam, or cream and fresh berries.
Watch this video for complete directions on how to make these wonderful, fluffy pancakes.
Why not make these pancakes for you friends and share this recipe with them, too?
Love food? Please like.