As the days get shorter and the nights get longer, candles make curling up on the couch even cozier.
And when it comes to holiday lighting, it’s difficult finding anything as cozy as this little creation.
I was surprised to discover this, but you can make your own homemade candles using ordinary clementines. And it might sound weird, but they’re easy to make and the results look really classy.
I can already feel the Christmas spirit coming on!
1. Grab a clementine and cut a thin line all the way around the peel.
2. Carefully peel the clementine so you end up with two equal parts.
3. Now take the half with the natural “wick” in the middle and fill it about a quarter full of olive oil.
4. Then, cut out a small star into the other half. This is where the heat will escape (plus it makes your little creation even prettier).
5. Once the peel has soaked up the olive oil, it’s time to bring out the matches. Carefully light the natural wick at the bottom of the peel.
6. Put on the lid and your classy, homemade candle is ready to light up your winter nights. So cozy!
Remember to be careful when you’re using candles. Always light them in a safe place, keep a watchful eye on them, and be sure to put them out when leaving the room.
For more instructions, watch this video tutorial:
Candles don’t get cozier than this. Please share this idea who might like to try out this smart idea!
Published by Newsner, please like