After a wild winter, and a beautiful spring, summer is just around the corner.
It’s my favorite season, and from picnics in the park and backyard BBQs to hiking and camping trips, I try to spend as much time outside as possible. But there’s one thing I dread about being outdoors during the hot season: ticks.
I can handle mosquito bites. While they are annoying, the ones where I live aren’t dangerous. But ticks? I pray (and do thorough inspections) to make sure that my family doesn’t get lyme disease.
Ticks are so small that they can be impossible to spot before they’re lodged into your skin.
So to save you from having to remove them from your skin, we’ve put together a list of five essential oils that will keep the ticks away (and you smelling good) this summer.
Here are five essential oils that are perfect for keeping ticks away:
- Lavender oil smells nice, according to most humans, but insects can’t stand it.
- Pennyroyal oil is part of the mint family but is poisonous to insects.
- Lemongrass oil has a wonderful citrus scent and you can apply it directly to your skin.
- Eucalyptus oil not only keeps insects at a comfortable distance, but also soothes bug bites and itching.
- Lemon oil is another fragrance that insects don’t like. Put a little on your skin and they’ll stay away. Or for even better protection, you can even spray some on your clothes.
Do you want ticks to stay away from your friends and loved ones, too? Share these tips on Facebook!
Published by Newsner, please like