The woods are lovely. They're powerful, frightening, and fascinating at the same time, and they leave me with a feeling of tranquility that's hard to beat.
I grew up near a forest and would often go deep into it just to get some inner peace and look at all the trees stretching their branches toward the sky. But the forest near my house was a typical pine forest.
So, I'm always completely mesmerized by trees that I can't in my area.
Like these 14 trees, which are certainly among the world's most beautiful.
Scroll down and enjoy!
1. A more than 120-year-old rhododendron in British Columbia, Canada
2. A more than 140-year-old Japanese wisteria in Ashikaga Flower Park, Japan
3. Windswept trees shaped by the winds of Antarctica in Slope Point, New Zealand
4. A Japanese maple in Oregon
5. An Antarctic beech tree draped in hanging moss in Oregon
6. Flowering cherry trees in Bonn, Germany
7. A more than 1,200-year-old oak in South Carolina
8. A flamboyant tree in Brazil
9. Dragon's Blood trees in Socotra, Yemen
10. "The President," the world's third largest tree, located in California
11. Maple tree tunnel in Oregon
12. Rainbow Eucalyptus in Hawaii
13. The Dark Hedges in Northern Ireland
14. Baobab trees in Madagascar
It's hard to believe that some of these trees are real; they're so incredibly beautiful. Please share these pictures with your friends. Maybe these trees will inspire them to discover even more of the amazing plants and trees that grace our world.