The family of Lisa Marie Presley is still understandably mourning her sudden death, but it would appear there is trouble brewing on the horizon as regards her estate.
According to a report in Radar, Lisa Marie’s mother, Priscilla Presley, is gearing up to lock horns with her daughter’s ex-husband, Michael Lockwood, with whom she shared twin daughters, Harper and Finlay.
Radar claims that Lisa Marie was still a partial owner of her father’s famous Graceland estate at the time of her death, as well as being the head of a $65 million trust.
- Lisa Marie Presley opens up about loss nearly two years after son’s death: it ‘destroyed and shattered my heart’
Her ex-husband Michael Lockwood, though, is said to be interested in that trust.
A source told Radar: “Michael is looking to be named executor of his daughters’ trust and finances to gain control of millions in cash.”
Priscilla Presley, though, doesn’t want this to happen. The same source added: “But Priscilla believes this is Presley money — and she’ll fight tooth and nail to keep his hands off it!”
After Lisa Marie’s passing, Michael is expected to gain 100% custody of the twins Harper and Finlay. He’d previously had 40% custody, with Lisa Marie having the remaining 60%.
That shift isn’t one Priscilla will fight against, if reports are to be believed, though she is seeking court-ordered visitation rights.
Prior to her passing, Lisa Marie had agreed to pay $6,000 a month in spousal support to Michael. He was of the opinion that the widely successful Elvis movie, as well as an anticipated tell-all memoir, had benefitted his ex-wife financially, and she agreed to the deal to avoid another trial.
Though the singer’s death is undeniably tragic, and prompted an outpouring of grief around the world, fans can perhaps take solace in the idea that she’s now been reunited with her beloved son Benjamin.
Benjamin, Elvis’ grandson, died by suicide at the young age of 27 in 2020, and his passing understandably changed Lisa Marie’s life.
As per reports in Page Six, Lisa Marie was laid to rest at Graceland, beside her son. The pair are now said to be side by side in the Meditation Garden at Elvis’ iconic mansion.
Rest in peace, Lisa Marie Presley. We hope you’re at peace now.
Please share this article on Facebook to send love and support where they’re needed just now.