With fall come Halloween celebrations. One of my absolute favorite holidays, as I think it offers the perfect opportunity to let loose and have fun with family and friends. It’s also a time for creativity. Not only when deciding on costumes, but in terms of decorating in original ways. Pumpkins are of course a prime source of inspiration, and can lead to amazing crafts and designs. Here’s one I hadn’t seen before and really found cool. All you need is a screwdriver, a flashlight, a string and of course, a pumpkin. Where you set it and how you use it is entirely up to you, but I already decided I’ll be putting mine out on my front porch as soon as I’m done!
1. Start by cutting the top of the pumpkin off.
2. Remove the contents.
3. Poke holes into the entire pumpkin with a screwdriver.
4. Don’t forget to make holes in the lid as well.
5. How it should look like when done:
6. Slide a string through one of the holes.
7. Tie a knot in the end of the string to fasten.
8.Repeat on the other side with a second piece of rope.
9. Take another string and tie the other two to it. Then hang firmly from the place of your choice, as you would a hanging pot.
10. Now the funnest part: Just lay a flashlight into the pumpkin.
11. And done! Lovely, isn’t it?
Depending on your use for it, use varying degrees of light voltage in the flashlight, making sure all are fire-safe.
Take a look at the detailed instructional video here.
Published by Newsner, please like: