I’m constantly trying to find ways to reuse articles around the house. It’s great for the environment, and hey, it’s fun to see how far I can push my imagination! When I discovered this cool video, and saw her boiling popsicle sticks, at first I thought she was plain weird. But when the end result was revealed — it was ingenious! What a great little way to play your part in saving the environment, and make sure you share this video for others to do the same! Hey, if it means less garbage in my trash can and a fun and cool activity I can share with my kids, I’m all in. And what an awesome idea for a little one’s birthday party!
1. First, add the popsicle sticks to boiling water for 30 minutes, to help make them soft. Then let them soak in warm water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Wipe the sticks and gently bend and place them in glasses, preferably overnight. Choose your glass depending on the size bracelets you want; for bigger bracelets, use bigger glasses and so on.
3. Set the glasses or cups in the oven (make sure they can withstand high heat). “Bake” them at 200 degrees celcius (about 400 fahrenheit) for half an hour.
4. Once they’re out and cooled off, the fun begins. It’s time to decorate, and here, sky is the limit!
5. I can just see the look on my kids faces when they get to sit and do this!
Here’s the awesome video, take a look 🙂
Just hit the like button below for more stories like this in your feed.