Over the weekend, a mother and two of her young sons were found dead inside a camper near the Inman Motocross in McPherson County, Kansas.
On Saturday, the McPherson County Sheriff’s Deputies were called to the track for a report of three deceased individuals. According to a statement from the sheriff’s office, after the fire department and EMS arrived on the scene, they confirmed the female and two young males were deceased.
Family members later confirmed the identities of the dead: Felecia Richey, who was pregnant at the time, and two of her sons, Tison and Bentley.
While their cause of death is said to have been carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities are still investigating.
“We are asking for your prayers, support, and love as he and his 3 year old son navigate through this devastating time. We are asking for your help with removing the stress from the family on the cost of arranging their 3 funerals and time away from work to grieve. All funds will go directly to Jason. If you can not support financially, please keep this family in your prayers and share with others,” a GoFundMe set up to cover the costs of three funerals read.
The three family members are survived by husband and father Jason Richey and the couple’s three-year-old son.
- 9-year-old unlocks father’s phone with his face and saves family from carbon monoxide poisoning
- Woman dies in car after being trapped inside by snow for 18 hours
Carbon monoxide is extremely dangerous because not only is it poisonous, but it’s colorless, odorless, and tasteless, making it near impossible to detect.
It’s important to look out for warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.
If you or someone else begins to feel a headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, disorientation, or loss of consciousness, leave the area and call 911.