It was supposed to be a dream holiday complete with sun, sand, and relaxation.
But Cindi Avila’s stay at a luxury hotel in the Bahamas turned out to be a real nightmare when she woke up one morning and made a terrible discovery.
Last January, Cindi Avila and her husband, Mike, flew from Miami, Florida to the Bahamas to enjoy a vacation at a luxury hotel.
After a few relaxing days surrounded by turquoise waters and white beaches, it was time to pack their bags and head home. But when Cindi woke up on the last day, she was distraught.
Her entire body was covered with massive, red boils that stung and burned with indescribable pain.
When Cindi pulled the bedding off of the mattress, she couldn’t believe her eyes.
Under the sheets, hundreds of black bugs were crawling around.
Cindi immediately contacted the front desk and then went to the hotel nurse. But Cindi says that all they could do was try and soothe the pain with medicine and ointments.
Nothing worked, and several days later, Cindi was still unable to sleep because of the bites.
“It just gets more miserable by the second. I’ve really have never been in so much pain in my life,” Cindi Avila said a few days after the bites.
It took several weeks for Cindi to recover. And a year later, she’s still afraid to stay in a hotel because of the horror experience.
Now, she has filed a lawsuit against the hotel for negligence in unsanitary hygienic practices.
According to the Miami Herald, the hotel made a statement saying it offered to pay Cindi’s medical expenses, but she refused because she wants more money. And the hotel also claims to have strict hygiene standards. On the other hand, several previous travelers reported that they suffered from similar problems when they visited the hotel.
Cindi says that she is suing so that the hotel can experience her pain. She also wants to draw attention to the hotel so that others can be protected.
“Take notice of this, and take preventive measures to make sure this doesn’t happen to anyone else,” she said, according to CBS Miami.
Watch a video account of the story here:
Nobody should have to experience something as horrible as this. Please share Cindi’s story so that more hotels will listen to their guest and adhere to the highest hygienic standards!
Published by Newsner, please like