I’ve always stored my lemons the same way: in a bowl on my kitchen’s counter top. It can be tricky to know which foods should be stored in the refrigerator and which don’t belong in cold temperatures. But with lemons, there’s a whole new dimension which I’d never thought of. It begins with freezing them. This guy has a simply brilliant trick for what to do with your lemons to extract the maximum health benefits. It involves freezing a lemon completely and then grating it from top to bottom. Since the lemon is frozen u will get “lemon grind” but not just from the skin, as is the traditional method – you don’t waste a millimeter of the lemon and get it all! An added benefit is the taste is less stark when you add your frozen lemon ‘grind’ to any given dish. I am absolutely convinced and will start trying this at home at once.
Here’s how it works:
1. Wash your lemon thoroughly (especially if it isn’t organic).
2. Wipe it completely dry.
3. Place in a plastic bag (such as a ziploc bag) and store it in the freezer.
4. Wait until the lemon is frozen solid before you remove it.
5. Cut the rough edge of the lemon so you get a nice, flat surface.
6. Start grating the entire lemon.
7. Place the grind in a plastic container and store in the fridge or freezer (depending on how long you plan to wait before using it).
8. Then, just take out and add to whatever you’re cooking for easy, powerful added nutrients and delicious flavor!
Take a look at the step-by-step instructional video below to see how it’s done:
I’m definitely sharing this clever trick with all my friends right away – feel free to do the same.
Published by Newsner, please like: