Pancakes are an old favorite that are always appreciated at the dinner table. They’re simple and quick to make – and kids absolutely love them.
Like probably most people, I just cook my pancakes in a pan, but after doing this all the time, I feel that it could be time to try something new – such as this trick I discovered.
Essentially, you’re still making pancakes – but there is one key difference: you get these unique pancakes by pouring your batter into a muffin tray. The end result are absolutely adorable mini pancakes, baked fresh out of the oven!
In just 10 minutes your breakfast or snack in class is ready to serve. Top with blueberries, chocolate chips, strawberries or any other delicious ingredients you like – and a new favorite way to serve pancakes are ready to be served to your family! Check out the recipe below.
You will need:
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
little flaxseed meal (optional)
1 cup milk
little vanilla extract
2 tablespoons melted butter
favorites such as blueberries and chocolate pieces
1. Mix the dry ingredients together: sugar, flour, baking powder and the flaxseed meal (optional, but useful).
2. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, vanilla extract, eggs and melted butter.
3. Mix the contents of both bowls. Pour a bit of the dry ingredients at a time, so it doesn’t clump together.
4. Pour the batter into a muffin tin.
5. Top with blueberries and other goodies.
6. Bake in the oven, at 190 C for 10 minutes.
7. Remove your pancake bites from the muffin tray and sprinkle them with some icing sugar. Your family can now enjoy breakfast or a snack in class!
What a great little meal to enjoy on a warm weekend, perhaps out on the patio. Don’t they just look so delicious! Please share with your friends and family so they can also try these original pancakes out this summer.
Love great food tips? Please like.