Few things can compare to a really fresh bowl of hot pasta with fresh, homemade tomato sauce. I love the way that kind of dish feels fresh, healthy, and so tasty. But at the same time, just the words “homemade tomato sauce” send warning bells ringing in my head. In my experience, fresh tomato sauce generally means complicated, tiresome, messy, and time-consuming. It’s so much easier to just go to the store and pick up a few cans of ready-made sauce, although this option is never as tasty, and costs more. It’s also more enjoyable to make the sauce yourself, above all to avoid the preservatives in the store-bought kind. In this clip, Justin Chapple presents you with clever tips on how to make your very own, super easy tomato sauce, without making a massive mess in the kitchen. No mess, no peeling, no hassle! All you need is a grater and be sure to have fresh tomatoes, salt, olive oil, and a little pepper on hand. The best part? This sauce is ready in just minutes! I loved this easy recipe and will definitely be trying it the next time I crave a delicious fresh tomato sauce.
1. To begin, you need 3 large tomatoes.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half.
3. Now, the trick: Grate the tomatoes.
4. Keep going until all the contents are stripped.
5. You now have a bowl full of delicious fresh tomato sauce.
6. Add a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. (You can of course add in other spices and herbs too, such as basil, oregano, or parsley)
7. Mix the sauce with fresh pasta.
8. Serve and enjoy! Simple, and delicious!
Here’s a video of the recipe:
Know other pasta fans who love simple, easy recipes? Don’t forget to share this recipe with them!
And simply click the like button below to get more easy tricks like this in your feed.
Just hit the like button below for more stories like this in your feed.