Virginia Giuffre’s family issued a statement after the news that former Prince Andrew, Mountbatten-Windsor, was arrested by police on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
The arrest sent shock waves across the world as Andrew was already in hot water for his involvement and friendship with Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell.
Keep reading to learn more.
Former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was detained on February 19, 2026, on his 66th birthday by the Thames Valley police. The story of his arrest was confirmed after photos of officers arriving at his Sandringham Estate home made their way online and went viral.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is the brother of King Charles, who was stripped of his royal title last year after his involvement with disgraced financier and convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein came to light. Epstein died in August 2019 while in prison as he was awaiting trial for charges of sex trafficking.
Virginia Giuffre was one of the survivors of Jeffrey Epstein’s abuse. She died by suicide last year after she made a series of allegations, which included allegations against the former Duke of York. She claimed the incidents had happened in 2001, when she met with Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor in London.
She claimed that she had been sexually abused by Andrew on three separate occasions when she was a teenager. She said she had been trafficked by Ghislaine Maxwell, one of Epstein’s accomplices. Andrew has consistently denied all allegations levelled against him.
After Andrew’s arrest, the Giuffre family released a statement which said, “At last. Today, our broken hearts have been lifted at the news that no one is above the law, not even royalty.”
It went on to say, “On behalf of our sister, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, we extend our gratitude to the UK’s Thames Valley Police for their investigation and arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor. He was never a prince. For survivors everywhere, Virginia did this for you.”
King Charles who is known to largely keep quiet about this issue also said in a statement, “I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.”
“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”
He went on, “As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all. Charles R.”
Thames Valley Police Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright confirmed that they have begun an investigation into the matter. According to Crown Prosecution Service, the offence is ‘serious wilful abuse or neglect’ while in public office.
“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence,” Constable Wright stated, adding, “We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”
According to reports, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been released from custody but still remains under investigation.
This is such a major update. Share this with others who are keeping up with the news.
READ MORE