Mom issues warning after baby suffers second degree burns from water hose

As summer reaches its hottest month we think of fun ways we can cool off with our kids.

Filling a pool full of water or putting on the sprinkler is one common and simple way your kids can have fun outside while keeping cool.

But one mom has issued a reminder to all parents about using hoses on their kids with a frightening story.

Toddler Nicholas Woodger was in the back yard of his home in Arizona while his mom filled their inflatable pool up.

Image result for garden hose kids playing
Family Education

It was hot and Nicholas was getting impatient so his mom playfully sprayed him with the hose to help him cool off.

Little did she know that the water had been heating up in the hose throughout the day and was at a dangerous temperature when she sprayed her little one, reports the Mirror.

Second-degree burns

Nicholas suffered second degree burns across 30 per cent of his body following the incident in 2016.

Mom-of-three Stacey posted a picture of the poor tot covered in red burns to remind parents to be careful when using a water hose on their kids.

The award-winning mom who runs Daisy First Aid Redhill & Croydon, which offers emergency life saving first aid classes for parents and carers, posted this on her Facebook page to warn others.

⚠️ Attention ⚠️I’ve wanted to cry every time I’ve seen this photo but it’s important to share.I know the weather is…

Posted by Daisy First Aid Redhill & Croydon on Friday, 19 July 2019

Stacey said she was hoping to prevent this accident happening again.

“A garden hose exposed to direct sunlight during summer can heat the water inside the hose (not flowing) to 130-140 degrees Fahrenheit which can cause burns especially to children & animals.

“Let the water flow a few minutes to cool before spraying on people or animals.”

The post has been shared over 40,000 times with thousands of comments thanking Stacey for the reminder.

One woman wrote: “Thank you for sharing, I had no idea water from a hose could get this hot.”

Facebook/The Mirror

Thankfully this little boy made a full recovery, but I cannot imagine the pain he must have been in and the guilt his mom must have felt.

Please share to make more parents aware.