A mom is sending a warning to all parents after her daughter came home from school one day with severe burns on her feet.
The woman in question – who wanted to remain anonymous – told the New Zealand Herald that her girl had been playing on a basketball court at school for at least 30 minutes while barefoot.
“She had no idea her feet were blistering until she rested for a little while, and then she walked [home] on them,” the mom explained.
By the time the girl had returned home, she had massive blood-filled blisters on the soles of her feet.
It wasn’t long before the pain got so bad that the girl couldn’t walk. It was then that her mom rushed her to the doctors and had her wounds treated and bandaged.
According to the mom, her daughter is likely to need a week off school and will have to go back to the doctors every day for treatment until her wounds have sufficiently healed.
“I have never seen anything like that, it shocked me,” she said.
“It was unexpected you don’t think your child could get their feet badly burnt from wearing no shoes while playing a game of basketball on the school court.”
She continued: “Make sure your kids especially toddlers keep their shoes on in this heat because it’s dangerous.
“Also pet owners should walk their pets either morning or late evening as the pavement can burn their paws too.”
“She had no idea her feet were blistering until she rested for a little while, and then she walked [home] on them.”
I think this is an important warning that parents should see. This poor little girl must have experienced a great deal of pain.
Share this article to raise awareness as to this mom’s important message.